The BRC Training Academy and SocialRetail.co.uk have teamed up to create new, innovative training courses to help teams use social media and digital technology effectively throughout your whole organisation.
FREE Social Media health check
Social networking sites are rapidly changing the way consumers behave, and how organisations can adapt themselves to retain their competitive advantage, incubate new ideas and ensure maximum awareness of their products and services.
The BRC Training Academy offers a full range of either one day or two day development options.
Twitter for Local Retailers - 1 Day Certificate - 4 March 2013
This is a 1-day Certificate Course for Retail Professionals wishing to use Twitter to grow retail sales and customer engagement. The course will be led by the UK's leading expert and founder of the Social Retail Academy, Pete Doyle, who has 5 years practical experience in using Twitter for large multimillion pound retailers and start up organisations. The course has been designed for the complete beginner and non-technical retail professional or owner. Pete's personal approach will give you an insight into how to accelerate your understanding of Twitter as a local marketing and business tool.
Who is the Course suitable for?
The course is suitable for a retail professional, independent shop owner, restaurant owner, car dealership, high street bank, estate agent, or any consumer related shop operating on the high street, retail shopping centre or local village. You will be a non-technical person who wants to grow your business footfall and sales and understand how to use Twitter successfully in a local marketing environment.
Course Level 1 - Complete Beginner
What will the Course cover?
For more details and to benefit from a 10% discount on the course cost of £175 + VAT (exclusive to BRC members), please follow this link:
- Getting started with Twitter - What is it? How can it be used in retail? Who's on it? Local case studies?
- Setting up your Twitter Account - We will walk you through step by step to set up your Twitter account.
- Building your local followers on Twitter? - We will show you how to search for local people to follow relevant to your business and how to engage with them to building on your existing local relationships.
- Your first Tweet- We will show you how to do your first tweet and you will get a chance to tweet live from the course.
- Managing your time on Twitter - How do you schedule the time to use Twitter in your day to day operations. How to write your own Conversation Plan on Twitter?
- Monitoring your success on Twitter - We will show you how keep track of how well you are doing on Twitter and the impact it is having on your business.
- Beyond 140 Characters - We will show you how to link your followers to more information beyond the 140 characters to include pictures, video, events and other local activities.
- Hashtags - What are they? How can they be used locally? How to engage with existing communities?
- Etiquette of Twitter - We will demonstrate how to behave and give you guidance on best practise on using Twitter as an effective marketing tool for your business.
To find out more about SocialRetail.co.uk, please visit
The Social Media health check is designed to help ensure that your team has the right skills and training in all parts of your organisation and that you are keeping up to date with the latest industry best practice.
You will receive a free 30 minute presentation health check so you can decide if any of your staff need additional specialist training or support. The health check seminars are subject to a minimum attendance and held in London. Places will be limited on a first come first served basis.
What does the health check cover?
The health check covers social media across the whole organisations in the following areas:
To enquire about these, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media Skills
- Social Media & Digital Strategy and Planning
- Crowd sourcing new ideas from your staff
- Social Media strategy and resource planning
- Sharing new ideas across your organisation
- Social Media integration to existing marketing channels
- Launching new products and services throughout the organisation
- Implementation on Social Networks
- Social Technology for HR
- Linked In | Facebook | Twitter | Blogging |
- Improving staff engagement
- Other social networks
- Motivating staff through new incentives and rewards
- Social Media Monitoring & Performance Analysis
- Talent spotting potential leaders and managers
- Tracking what people are saying about you
- Social Media skills and recruitment
- Tracking the impact you are having on others
- Community Management
- Tracking your competition
- Developing customer communities
- Social Technology for innovation
- Developing staff communities
- Mobile applications
To find out more about SocialRetail.co.uk, please visit www.socialretail.co.uk